Friday 23 March 2012

At home Rockstar nails.

So today I thought I would show you that it is possible to get the rockstar nail look at home. When someone says "rockstar" I think of loads of glitter, with a high gloss finish. The pros will use a gel polish to create the look, but you can do it with normal polish at home, if you have plenty of patience to wait for the polish to dry in between coats that is!  I struggle with the waiting between the coats because I am impatient!
 This is my attempt, I haven't been able to catch all the glitter in this photo, but in real life they are super sparkly! 


So a quick run down of what I did: 
I painted my nails with my normal base coat (Mine is gelous) after I had painted each finger, I sprinkled on some glitter, and repeated this on each finger. After they had dried a little I patted the glitter in so there wasn't any sticking up at odd angles to the nail. When they were totally dry, I took a nail file, and using the smoothest side very lightly I filed the top of the glitter to make sure that it was smooth. Then I added another coat of my base polish over the glitter, you may want to use another brush, so as not to contaminate the rest of bottle of nail polish with glitter. When this was dry I painted two coats of Seche Vite over the top and ended up with a lovely glossy, smooth finish. 

I have kept these quite natural, well as far as a rockstar manicure goes, so that it won't clash with my very patterned dress that I am planing on wearing tomorrow (if I am feeling up to going out. I will hopefully be showing you that dress soon, as it is a beautiful hell bunny dress that I bought a year or so ago, and don't wear anywhere near often enough.) But if you want a bolder finish, I would suggest painting a base colour that is similar to the colour of the glitter you are using.


Here is some of the glitter caught as best I can in a photo, believe me, I took hundreds! 

-Jebbie.X





No comments:

Post a Comment